1. What do the different bag styles mean?
We carry a wide variety of products to suit all of your bagging needs, here are the various names and use descriptions:
- Back Flip – small, thin sandwich-sized bags.
- Bulls Eye – made for hanging heavy items.
- Cotton Drawstring – carry bags that pull close.
- Deposit – include printed numbers to double as a receipt.
- Die Cut Handle – reinforced while maintaining style.
- Door Knob – sized to hang on doors.
- Header – perfect for hanging displays.
- Hook – hooked for hanging displays.
- Patch Handle – die cut handle bags with a reinforced patch.
- Perm Tape Closure – self-seal only one time.
- Poly Drawtape – carry bags that pull close with plastic drawtape.
- Resealable Tape Closure – self-seal multiple times.
- Standup Pouch Poly – stay standing for exquisite presentation.
- Staple Pak – stapled at lip for easy handling.
- Wicketed – fixed to a metal arch for simple automation.
2. What is the difference between polyethylene and polypropylene? Which one should I use for my industry?
Polyethylene and polypropylene are two of the most common materials used to create plastic bags. While they are fairly similar, there are some important distinctions:
A- Polyethylene creates a translucent bag that resists tears and is extremely durable. Because it carries heavy-duty loads so well, it is ideal for heavier items. Its color helps to block out sunlight, which is important when carrying sensitive items.
B- Polypropylene, on the other hand, is completely clear, making it perfect when you want to display a product in all its glory. It repels moisture and vapor extremely well, but it is a bit rougher than polyethylene, which can cause damage to more fragile items.
3. Why is there a minimum order?
Minimum orders are required due to the nature of our products. Since all of our products are fully customized, the resources required to fulfill a large amount of small orders would be beyond our capacity.
Our minimum order requirement is also a benefit to our customers. The larger an order is, the less expensive it is for us to produce each individual bag. This allows us to pass on the production savings to you, providing us the opportunity to offer such low prices. Additionally, this allows us to give each order the time and attention it deserves, ensuring the quality our customers have come to expect.
4. Why do I need graphics on my bag? Why should I buy printed bags?
Customized plastic bags are some of the best marketing tools around! They drive your brand home and add a personal touch to your services. Best of all, they last far beyond one single transaction. Plastic bags are reused for a wide variety of things – carrying lunches to work, lining office trash cans, storing odds and ends, and much more. Your investment will reap dividends for years to come.
5. What industries use Excellent Poly products?
Excellent Poly is used by a wide range of industries including both small and large companies and many retail establishments that are looking for branded bags for their needs.
6. Where do you produce your product?
For over 50 years, Excellent Poly has been proud to be an American-based plastic bag manufacturer. Everything we do, from production to sales and customer service, is handled right here in the United States.
7. What are the advantages of buying American-made products?
One major advantage of supporting a locally made product is that they lead time is much shorter. Since everything is handled in the US, we’re able to offer an incredible 3-week turnaround on our custom designs. Since nothing is shipped internationally, we’re able to minimize shipping costs, keeping our prices low. Keeping our operations completely within the US also helps us ensure your orders are handled with the care they deserve. We’re able to maintain complete control over all production and fulfillment processes instead of handing it off to a factory overseas. This allows us to maintain high quality control standards and continually earn your trust.